Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Final Coutdown...

This is the final countdown!! 


Only a little longer until I have to get on that plane tomorrow, with all my luggage and all the wonderful treasures I am bringing home with me. 

Speaking of treasures....Eva and I went shopping today (of course, it's what we do best, right Eva?) at Real supermarket. Eva took me there because she knew that there would be some Germany fan gear since the World Cup is starting on Friday. There are car magnets, car mirror covers, flags galore, sunglasses, horns, hats, etc. There is so much stuff everywhere! It's amazing, and a great thing to see. And of course, awesome for me to get some great souvenirs! Yay! 

I got some great ones so far, including a string of German flags that I can hang up. It's super neat! I love it! And today, at the supermarket, I found the ultimate fan gear: Germany underwear!!!!! Yes, you read that right! I am the proud owner of not one but TWO pairs of underwear that say Deutschland on them, and have a German flag on the front. Who can pass that up??? Naturally you can understand why I don't have a picture of that up on the blog....

I also got a super cool beach towel with the mascot on it, Paule, and the flag. It's really cool! I am really excited to use it this summer at the pool. I also picked up some neat things for my family. You guys will get some gifts when you pick me up tomorrow!! I can't wait to see you!!!!! 

Paule the eagle was out in Frankfurt when we took our boat cruise!

Since this is my last night in Germany, I have to make sure everything fits into my suitcase and backpack- no problem on the preliminary try- and zip the last zipper shut on this amazing year. One more challenge left: get to the airport and survive customs in Vegas, Baby! Then Vegas to PDX. Whew! Though I'm sad to leave Mainz, I know I'll be back. This has been a great ending to an interesting year. I love Mainz so much, and am really lucky to have been able to spend some more time here with some great people. 


Abgeht's nach Portland! One more night and then I'm home!!!! See you soooooooon! 


Peace. 

No comments: