On Saturday my room mate Julia and I decided that it would be worth a try to figure out our broken washing machine....Julia said that before she had tried adding water manually to the washer, and it ended up working. So, we spent the morning adding water to the washing machine each time it emptied into the sink, and by golly, it worked! I was thankful, because tomorrow I'm leaving Vienna for
Graz, about two and half hours south (Side note: There is a super cheap train ticket that you can get for 28 euro that allows up to 5 people to travel on it, and you can travel on the slow trains with this ticket. Lucky for me, I have gotten to know some of the other
TAs that are here in Vienna, so 5 of us will meet tomorrow to head down to
Graz. It'll take us longer on the slow trains, but at about 5 euros per person, that is super cheap!)
So, as Julia and I were washing our clothes, we got to get to know each other, and it was good for us to be able to bond over washing out clothes in a broken washing machine....we came to the conclusion that we should cook something together for lunch/dinner, and as she was telling me about her travels in Thailand (she spent 6 months there), we decided on a chicken curry dish. She has some really good curry paste, and she mixed it with coconut milk and veggies and potatoes...it turned out really tasty!

After washing clothes, Simone, my other room mate, asked me if I wanted to go for a walk to the park with her. It was nice to get out and explore our district, and the neighboring district. She took me to
Türkenschanzpark.
Here there are a lot of nice places to sit and relax, with lots of hills and trees. It was nice to escape the big city feeling for a while...
Tomorrow I'm off to Graz for orientation...it should be fun getting to know the other TAs, and learning more about what this experience will be like. See you when I get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment