Saturday, March 6, 2010

Adventures in Haircut Land

Yesterday was the day that I chopped A LOT of my hair off. Well, I didn't. Lisa, stylist for Tony & Guy did. She has been at the job for four years, and did all her training in London at the Tony & Guy HQ. The Vienna boss does all his training via London, and also makes his employees go there as well. There are also training points in Amsterdam and Stuttgart I guess. However, there's nothing like a 6 week training course in hair in London: "Fashion Capital of the World" (by the way, not so sure if I agree with that!!).

I walked in, was greeted, asked if I wanted something to drink, they took my coat and led me to the chair. I met Lisa, and she said, "You speak English?" (Secretly I was thinking, DANG IT! My native skills failed me this time! They detected my accent!). I said, "Yes, I do." And she spoke English to me. This was slightly a relief, though I had learned all the necessary words like: don't cut too much off, add layers, not too short, NO BANGS, etc. It was nice to explain to her in English what I wanted, and moreover, what I didn't want! I had a nice shampoo with scalp massage, and out came the scissors. In the end, I think she cut about 6 inches off! It's pretty short now, but it's super cute. She did a great job (though I still would prefer the best and most awesome stylist at Ruby Spa). I love the style now, and it's so cute. It's way cuter than before! I have fun hair again! It was not looking good there for a while! It's so much lighter and will be a lot easier to manage. It had actually been more than 6 months since my last 'do! Here are some pics, I took them last night just so you can get a look at what she did. Enjoy!

Front:

Back:
More pictures to come...

No comments: