Sunday, October 11, 2009

In This City

Now introducing: The former imperial summer residence of the Hapsburg Family, thanks to Holy Roman Emperor Maximillian II.


I am so lucky to be here, in such a beautiful place. This city is amazing, and everywhere I go I find something new and exciting. The buildings are gorgeous, and I often just stare in amazement and awe at how beautiful they really are. Case in point: Schönbrunn Palace.

After school, I thought it would be a good idea to go walk around Schönbrunn Palace because I was told that it would be one of the last nice days this year before winter set in. It was so hot on Thursday that I knew it would be a great day to walk around the gardens. The palace is huge! And it is in the city. It has beautiful gardens, and you can walk around them for free. There are fountains and trees, benches you can sit on and beautiful flowers. I can't wait to have visitors, to take them there and how them how incredible it is!

This is the view from the front entrance to Schönbrunn

Horse-drawn carriages


One of the beautiful fountains

No comments: