Today was a bit rough. I had to get up for the first lesson, so that meant that my alarm went off at 5:15. Not so much fun....usually do-able, but not today. I was on the train in time, even after leaving 5 minutes late, so that was a plus. Then about half way through the journey, this red haired lady get on, sits across from me, and proceeded to stare at me for the remainder of the journey. Not even my, "What's your problem, lady????" look could get her to stop. Ok, that was annoying.
I got to school and finally found the teacher I was going to be with. This lesson was teaching 1st form students, who really haven't had a lot of English (though I suspect that these had more than the teacher let on). As I was explaining grammar (which I'm not technically supposed to do), the teacher kept butting in and telling me I was wrong! And she kept pushing it even though I was trying to explain what I was talking about, and she still kept saying I was wrong and that I didn't know what I was talking about!!! I said, ok, well I guess I shouldn't be doing this and handed her the chalk. I didn't talk for the rest of the lesson, because clearly, I wasn't doing an accurate job.
Then after the lesson, she continued to tell me how I was wrong. I thought it was over, but apparently it wasn't. I just said, ok, well, I'm glad I got to meet your students, thank you. It was so frustrating, but there is nothing I can do to change it, and there wasn't at the time it happened either. I guess I can't please everyone all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment