Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Day of Christmas Markets

It was raining pretty good yesterday, but in the evening it wasn't so bad. However, I am an Oregonian, so the rain didn't stop me any! And in actuality, it was just a mist compared to how it can pour down in Oregon!

I went to the Hapsburg's summer palace where they have a Christmas market set up. It is really small, but worth a visit in the shadows of such a magnificent building!



Later on in the evening, I went back to the Christmas market at the city hall. It is so pretty at night (and it had stopped raining). Mareike and I had gone to eat some amazing mexican food (burritos!!!!). I was stoked to find this great mexican food place. Its kind of like Baja Fresh mixed with Chipotle...the taste is as authentic as any. We ate and then took a walk around the market.



Backtracking to Wednesday, I went on an excursion with the 4B class at my school (the 14-15 year olds) to the Haydn English Cinema, where they show movies in the original English (this isn't a novelty here because most theaters offer an original version as well as the dubbed German version of American movies...). We had a discussion with two of the people who work at the theater, and they talked about 3D, 4D, everything that is possible with movie making etc (all in German...whew!) and then watched Up! It was cute, and easy for the kids to understand. It was interesting, none the less, and I got to go to the movies for free! Score!

No comments: