Friday, December 11, 2009

Horrible "Customer Service"

I just got back from the post office. I was fuming the entire way, I probably had smoke and fire coming out of my ears!!!!!!!!! I swear, people have NO patience, NO concept of "customer service" and not a friendly bone in their bodies!

First of all, I brought the biiiiig box o'Christmas to the post office in the rain. Sucky. I got there, and went up to the window and said, Hi, I'd like to mail this, and I don't know if I need to fill out a customs form or not. (Sometimes, depending on the size of it, you don't need a customs form). The lady behind the counter grunted something at me. Ok, I guess that's a no. Ok, next box. Ok, well I wanted to buy a thick pen, because I didn't have one. I said, just a second, I want to buy a pen to put the address on there because I didn't have one. She practically threw a hissy fit!!!! I said, ok, IF THAT IS A PROBLEM, I WILL MOVE TO THE SIDE. She was so rude, it was ridiculous! All I needed to do was get a pen! COME ON, seriously, have a SMALL OUNCE OF PATIENCE and things will all be alright. No need to send your blood pressure on a spike just because I need to buy a pen, lady. Seriously.

I moved all my things to the side, and got a pen, opened it and addressed the box. Ok. Done. Then I thought, ok, well I need another thing to mail some more things, so I took an envelope, and put some things in there, and addressed that one too. Done. Ok. Great. Then in the meantime, the lady who was helping me cashed out, and was going to peace out for the day. I got into a different line, but was wondering what was going to happen to the package that she took the first time. Then she tells me, "Can I have the 5 euro blahblahblah for the package???" I said, yeah, fine. So I paid her, and as I was giving her the money, SHE WAS ON HER CELL PHONE. I just about flipped my lid! She was being a majorly rude you-know-what and she was on her cell phone ON THE JOB! Serisously??????

Then I went to the next lady, and again, she also had no patience. I gave her one thing, and she couldn't possibly talk fast enough. She said, blahblahblah do you want to mail it normal or not? I said, "well, what's the difference in price???" She told me. I had to ask her to repeat herself, because in Austria, they have NO CONCEPT OF HIGH GERMAN...and she could clearly see that I was mailing everything to the US, so hello, speak a little more clearly for the foreigner please?? Fat chance. Ok, next thing. She looked at the biiiiiig box and said, you need to go over to the other room to mail this!!! I said, "I asked the other girl and she said that I DIDN'T HAVE TO!!!!" Well, I'll do it this time, she said, and next time you have to take it over there because it's so heavy. UGH, can you be any more inconvenienced????? Heaven forbid you should DO YOUR JOB. Can you tell I'm a little pissy about this experience? Yes. FINALLY I was done. Geez it was the worst postal experience of my life!

When I bought the box, I bought it from the post office at the palace. The girl was super nice. Next time, instead of walking up the street, I will take two Ubahns to the palace post office. I will not go back into that awful post office with awful workers in my own district.

Why is it that everyone in Vienna seems to have NO patience and NO concept of helping others? And why does everyone have to be in such a hurry all the time? This city is so impersonal sometimes....

No comments: