Thursday, May 6, 2010

Previously on Survivor: Day 35!

After preparing for the immunity challenge today, I thought I had it in the bag...

Last night's fluffy pancake preparation took about three hours. Yes, three hours. I made a HUGE batter, and had to follow through with it. I wanted to make sure the kids got a chance to taste what pancakes should taste like. I slaved over the stove making every pancake to just the right golden brown color.


This morning, we heated up the pancakes in the microwave (I know, gross, but that's all we had), and headed off to 5RG (15 year olds).


As you can see, the American Breakfast day was a success. However, I did get a clue to a hidden immunity idol! The clue was: Even though your students tell you that they want to experience an American Breakfast, they really don't. You have to make it as Austrian as you can, and then they will love you. Good luck!
Well, I found out the clue after each one of the students gagged at the thought of drinking root beer (A&W!!) and Dr. Pepper, not to mention the Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate (they were thoroughly disgusted by using hot water) and Oregon Chai (Seriously? That stuff is the best!). The pancakes that I slaved over didn't really go over all that well. They were more interested in the muffins they made. However, it was a good time, and now I've been requested to repeat all of this madness in two more classes!


At least Kevin was enjoying the Swiss Miss with Marshmallows...
Tomorrow I have another full day (including matura training and correcting...I was told by two profs that since I am the native speaker, whatever I say goes and that I have the authority. That it's all up to me....geez! Not like a little pressure or anything, and to have 100 student's futures resting in your hands...)

Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!

No comments: