During every season there comes a time when those who have lasted the longest out of the two original tribes merge into one...well folks, I've made it to the merge!!!
I was extremely happy with myself for making it this long, but in all actuality, I knew from the very beginning that I would be able to stay out here for the duration of this game. Let me tell you though, I couldn't have been happier to leave camp (especially the two scroungy animals that lived there...). However, in true Survivor fashion, there was still one more immunity challenge left before the merge....that being the suitcase challenge. How does one get all of her things, her entire life, into two medium sized bags? Just. Like. This.
Looks like I was going to have a stowaway...
Now if you recall the pictures that I put up when I moved out of the apartment, and how much stuff I had then compared to how much I have now, you will be amazed. Granted I mailed a package home since then, but still I think that I've done an ok job for the last 9 months. I had packed the night before, mostly, and then had time in the morning to clean the room, the bathroom and do any other things necessary before heading to the train.
We loaded everything into the car, and were making our way to the train station when all of a sudden we hit the WORST traffic jam ever. Ever. Bernhard thought it was best if I got out and took the Ubahn to the train station, because otherwise he was afraid I would miss my train. Thankfully there was an Ubahn stop really close, and I hopped out of the car, said my goodbyes, and lugged up the steps to the Ubahn. I am so glad I did, because I would have missed the train otherwise!
Interesting tidbit: There was an ACDC concert going on just north of the Austrian town of Linz. Luckily I had a seat reservation, because there were about 1,000 or more metal-heads going to the concert that happened to be on my train. Funny enough though, I sat across from the only two other people in the whole train compartment that WEREN'T going to the concert! Props to them, and to me of course, because they thought I was German! Haha, GO ME! Anyway, we were the only people not going to the concert...and not dressed in black (not offense if you like that kind of thing...but we were definitely in the minority! The girl was getting her MA and eventually her PhD in Molecular Biology, and the guy was an astronomer. Pretty interesting! So the three brainiacs got to sit next to each other, and the metal-heads had their fair share of the cabin. I was lucky that they didn't have any luggage, so I got to put mine in a safe place by the door.
I enjoyed a nice train ride after Wels, the station where the metal-heads got off for the concert. There was hardly anyone else left after they got off. I enjoyed a few episodes of Gilmore Girls on my laptop, and enjoyed looking at the beautiful countryside. I arrived in Mainz just as planned, at 11pm. Challenge COMPLETE! Now the fun begins...!
Peace out!
Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!
No comments:
Post a Comment