Today was an interesting day.....
No, I did not get up at 4:30am. However, it did take me 2 hours to get to school, and then back, by the way. By public transport. I wouldn't call it a reward challenge (it definitely wasn't, considering I was in for one lesson that I wasn't even needed for) and I wouldn't call it an immunity challenge either (nothing was really at stake today). I would call it a challenge though....let me explain:
Tomorrow we are having an "American Breakfast with Kerby" in the 5th form group (15 year olds) that I took to the embassy a few weeks ago. The teacher approached me and asked if I would come up with recipes and ideas for the kids so that we could have an American breakfast. I said sure, and I happily volunteered to make fluffy pancakes. I also handed out recipes for muffins (easy), brownies (no, we don't eat them for breakfast, but well, they're 15 year olds...) and biscuits (no, not cookies, biscuits). I also told some to go get peanut butter, maple syrup, orange juice, root beer and Dr. Pepper to name a few things. It should be interesting to see what they come up with.
I happily spend the last 3 hours carefully perfecting each and every one of those 20 servings of fluffy pancakes so I could take them with me tomorrow. Yes, I know what you're thinking: day old pancakes???? Well, I don't feel like getting up at 3am to make pancakes. Do you? Didn't think so. So the students get day old pancakes. Warm them up, they taste like same-day. I will also take a bit of the hot chocolate I have left, since winter is pretty much over (the weather is still THAT bad...) and I leave in 3 weeks. Don't feel like schlepping that back with me...
All-in-all it was a successful day. Tomorrow will be the real test...tomorrow is the immunity challenge...photos to come!
Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!
No comments:
Post a Comment