After Eva and I went to Rent, we were on our way home and this is what met us at the train station:
FLOOD! That's how much rain we had. The bus we were on couldn't go through all the water, so it let us out in the middle of the street instead of next to the sidewalk!
On Saturday, Eva and I went to downtown Wiesbaden and did a little shopping (Dad, I got you the coolest shirt!) . The real reason we went downtown was so that Eva could accept her prize from a photo contest that she entered. There was a photo contest where people could submit their favorite most picturesque photos of Wiesbaden, almost like a postcard contest. Eva and her picture of the Russian Chapel won third place! There was a little ceremony for the winners at a photo studio. We got to see all the pictures that won (10th place-first), and saw many different views of Wiesbaden. Here is the winner getting her prize (sorry for the camera handle in the way, I had to hurry to get a snapshot!)!
Yesterday we picked up Eva's boyfriend Aubrey and made our way to Kaiserslautern and Ramstein Airforce Base, about 45 mins from Mainz. We met up with Aubrey's sister and her husband and children, and went to the Aquatic Center on the base there at Ramstein. Afterwards, we went and ate at Chili's! Yes, that's right, Chili's! They have a Chili's restaurant that is exactly like in the states. It was really weird to sit there and be around a bunch of other Americans, and to eat really real tasting American food. After spending the last 9 months abroad in a country where you can barely get peanut butter (in the smallest jar imaginable...), it was really a strange experience to be surrounded by that many Americans. I was in a bit of shock! I can only imagine how it will be when I come home. Here are some pictures of the fun in the pool!
We also got to go shopping at the PX, where they have all kinds of things: clothes, dvds, bedding, furniture, they even sell Victoria's Secret! We had a look at the shoes, and well...there were these amazing hiking shoes that I just had to have. I couldn't pass them up. They're amazing! And Hornet Green and Gold, might I add! They are also a German brand, so I couldn't resist. And yes, they're waterproof!
Today, Eva and I are going to go around downtown Mainz, and walk through this amazing city. Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode!
No comments:
Post a Comment