Happy Thanksgiving! Today is the day when we feast! Since I have a nice kitchen to cook in, I thought that it would be appropriate to host my first-ever Thanksgiving Dinner.
Things didn't start off so well. I sliced open my finger while I was washing a glass. It didn't want to stop bleeding, but finally, it did. Then it re-opened again. I called a doctor and he said to come in. All he did was clean around it with some iodine, and gave me about four bandaids: one that goes in strips over the top of the wound. Then some liquid stuff to seal the strips that seal the wound. Then a bandaid that goes around my whole finger to seal the liquid that seals the strips that seals the wound. Does this sound like a certain fable to you? (This is the house that Jack built....)
All finger-slicing aside, I managed to make a wonderful meal for my room mates, their boyfriends and two friends of mine from England. I made turkey breast seasoned with butter and garlic, mashed potatoes and gravy (*thanks Mom and Dad for the gravy mix), green beans, stuffing and the ever present chocolate pie (*again, thanks Mom and Dad for sending me the Jell-O!).
Here are some of the magic moments:
In you go, turkey!
Simone made some Glühwein (hot mulled/spiced wine):
Napkin Folding 101, with Professor Julia:
Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without chocolate pie!!!!
I hope that where ever you are, that you have a fantastic holiday. Be thankful for what you have, and for health and happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment