Sunday, November 15, 2009

When Pay Day Hits...

Look out, Austria! English language teaching assistants just got paid! I am certain that the Austrian economy experienced a major boost over the weekend, considering its government just paid all 140 of us across the country. We have been here for two months in most cases, and let me tell you, it was a huge relief to look at my bank account and see more than just zeros!

I contributed to the economy on Saturday, but first going grocery shopping, and then joining my room mate and a girl from England in going shopping down Vienna's shopping street, the Mariahilfer Strasse. My main objective: BOOTS. Yes, boots. Everyone wears them here (and I really mean everyone), and for good reason. Reason number 1) it's really cold, and tall boots keep your legs warm. 2) it rains a lot, and running shoes get wet, causing horrible discomfort and possibly causing your toes to freeze off. 3) Boots are cute. Ok, well, that's not that good of a reason, but fashion is fashion!

So, I've been eying these boots in this store called "Stiefelkönig" (aka: Boot King). First of all, they carry my size (no need to mention how big my feet are...), and they have a pretty amazing selection of boots, after all, it is the boot king. Leave it to the boot king to have a really great pair of leather boots that fit over my calf and fit my foot. Long story short, I'm the proud new owner of an amazing pair of leather boots!


Aren't they great!?!

No comments: