Dear Frau Holle,
I am writing this letter to you, to ask for a favor. Before coming to Austria, my whole idea of what things were like I got from "The Sound of Music". Salzburg was nice, but really what I want is snow. I know that it is only November, but the Christmas markets have been open for a week now, and it would be amazing to have just a little of the white stuff to add to the atmosphere. I'm not asking for it right now, because I have to get to Spain first, and I would quite like some sun. However, I would like to request some snow for Vienna, please, for the winter time.
We spent a lot of time together during the last year, and I think that we formed a good friendship. Of course I know it is a bit too early to ask you to shake your feather pillows over the earth, but this is just a precursory "bitte". I know that there are still a few weeks until the "mid-winter" time when you are the most active. Please don't forget about me down here in Austria (because it is actually kind of far from where you live (Hessen, Germany)). I look forward to writing you a thank-you note upon the first snow fall.
Yours truly,
Kerby in Vienna
No comments:
Post a Comment